Welcome to Hippocampus's Garden! Here, I write about machine learning, statistics, software development, and sometimes my hobbies.
Disclaimer: Opinions presented here are my own and not the views of my employer.
I'm Shion Honda, a software engineer at Alan.
I moved from Tokyo to Paris in 2023 to join my current company. Before that, I worked as a machine learning engineer at Recruit, where I enjoyed the challenge of developing state-of-the-art algorithms and serving them for tens of millions of users.
I graduated from the University of Tokyo. My master thesis was about representation learning for molecules.
Outside my work, I love exploring music, cooking, and reading.
See LinkedIn for my updated profile and professional experience.
- Sep 2023: Started working at Alan as a software engineer in Paris.
- Dec 2022: The book "A Practical Guide to Developing Data Platforms" (original title: "[実践]データ活用システム開発ガイド"), which I co-authored, has been published.
- May 2021: The book "Python for Programmers by Deitel & Deitel", which I co-translated into Japanese, has been published.
- Apr 2020: Started working at Recruit Co., Ltd. in Tokyo.
External LinksYou may also like:
- Qiita (all in Japanese). I used to write survey posts here. The topics are somewhat wide: system trading for cryptocurrencies, graph neural networks, deep reinforcement learning, deep generative models, etc.
- AI-SCHOLAR (all in Japanese). I contributed some introductory articles to a web media for non-experts in AI.
- Speaker Deck (all in Japanese) Here are some decks that I used in my talks and presentations.
- SlideShare (mostly in Japanese). More decks.
- Amazon Wish List. Just in case you want to buy me a book.